- LL 15-20 pcs/kg
- L 21-40 pcs/kg
- M 41-60 pcs/kg
- S 61-80 pcs/kg
- SS 81-120 pcs/kg
- SSS over 121(120-200) pcs/kg
Processing flow of Topshell Meat
1. Catched topshell ( fishing boats and divers)
Alive and fresh one / transfer to the factory within about 3 hours/ in Reception hall: weighing and quality control.
2. Size selection
2groups – big and small
3. Washing of Topshells
Shower by rotary drum or water shooting by a hose.
Boiling with steam at 102-104C for about 5-6 minutes at pressure 1.2 Atmospheres.
5. Removal of the meat from the shell
In tanks with fresh water and ice, at +10C for 15-20 minutes.
7. Removal of lid and interior organs
8. Washing, removal of sand and 2nd washing
Part of lip / rubbing by brush / water washing / special washing device.
9. Size selection
Removing dead ones and inferior ones and size selection in 5 groups: LL / L / M / S / SS / SSS with strict weight control on electronic scales.
In tanks – fresh water, ice and chlorine solution / NaClO: 0,05% (5/1000) / at +10C for about 15-20 min.
11. Final washing
Shower by the rotary drum, fresh water / 2 times for about 5 min.
12. Weighing and lining up in a freezing pan
Weighing of 10,5 kgs, line up in freezing pan.
13. Quick freezing ( Air blast freezing )
At – 40 degrees Centigradefor 5-6 hours to become ice block.
14. Removing from the freezing pan and Glazing
In tank with cooled water with ice / + 5 degrees Centigrade for instant moment for glazing
15. Packing in cartons
Poly wrapping, cardboard carton / 2 x 10 kgs in a carton box.
16. Storing in the cold storage
Cold storage / – 25 degrees Centigrade for up to one year.